Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Committee of Sleep

Did you ever have a dream that you just couldn't get out of your head?  And then long after you have forgotten the specifics of the dream, the message of the dream still follows you?  No, not those typical mom-mares where you lose the baby or the baby falls in a river/off a cliff/out of a moving vehicle and you just can't save them.  I hate those dreams - ick - and they're so hard to shake the next day.  Freaky.

But no, I'm talking about other dreams.  Dreams that direct your life.  Dreams that make you go "oooooooohhhhhhh... I get it now."

Artists, poets, and scientists throughout history have relied on the "committee of sleep" to help them find inspiration and solutions.  Angels frequently appear in the dreams of biblical individuals with all kinds of messages.  There definitely seems to be something more going on at night than just rest.

Muse, thy name is Sealy.

But seriously, I had a dream last night that seemed to answer a prayer that I've been praying over and over again for many months now. 

"God, what do you want me to do?  I'm here.  I'm willing.  But I have no idea what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go.  I'm lost.  Help me find your path."

That is a very big prayer for me.  Over the last several years, I haven't felt lost very often.  I felt pretty sure of where I was going - the only question was how to get there.  Since Ivy has been born however, I felt like I lost the path and I was just wandering around in the wilderness.  Since we moved I have felt like I was LITERALLY wandering around in the wilderness (which is a much nicer feeling by the way than the other one).  But the key word here is wandering.

Then yesterday I read a book and last night I had a dream and both of them just spoke to my soul and all of a sudden I could see the path again.

Today, I'm breathing easier.

I really needed that.

Have you ever had a dream like that or a moment like that?  Tell me about it.  Or blog about it and put a link in the comments. 



~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...