Monday, January 24, 2011

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

So this is our first winter in a rural area.  I'm a suburban mama born and bred, but we've made the big move out to the country.  The winter has been just gorgeous.  Snow covered trees, lots of animal tracks in the freshly fallen snow.  But today I encountered something I hadn't anticipated.  As I was driving down the road, I saw a deer heading into a cornfield.  Awww, how cute, how majestic, I love wildlife sightings.


But then... he DIDN'T head into the cornfield.  Didn't move at all in fact.  After a closer inspection I found that this wasn't a real live deer after all.  It wasn't plastic either.
Everyone has heard of the hick sport of cow tipping, loved by hillbillies everywhere.  'Round here though, in Minnesota, where it gets to 20 degrees below zero, we have a winter time version of this sport too.  

It's called roadkill righting.


Yup, that's a dead deer.  Frozen solid and propped up in the snow.  Classy Isanti, classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...